sleepingsheep
  HOME  |   ARCHIVES  |   ABOUT  |   GUESTMAP

Tuesday, July 06, 2004
I can go for very long without reading a book. Reading a book does not relax me, it makes me think and feel and leaves me exhausted. When I'm busy I can't really read books.
I can't even say that I'm addicted to words. Wordlessness can be as gorgeous as words aplenty. And then again, I love language. Different meanings in different contexts. Sentence-structure. The unsaid, as important in language as what is said. That by choosing to change one single word in a sentence I can control and shift and alter meaning.
I love stories. Stories in books, yes (resounding), but also in films, in magazines, newsprogrammes, signs, everywhere, everywhere, a good story to read.

And so I went to the House of Lords yesterday "on business" (if you knew me, you'd laugh) and as much as that institution stands for a fairly grim class division and perpetuation of tradition, the building itself is full of stories. Lovely.


Am also nursing a serious Sims addiction. That it should ever happen to me!


In other news:
Last night the computer started smelling burned. And then I turned the bastard off. And so the smeling slowly vanished. I am now officially afraid of technology.



HOME - ARCHIVES - ABOUT



Reading
Listening to
Watching

 

Powered by Bravenet
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com


«expat express»

Lives in United Kingdom/London, speaks Danish and English. My interests are no sheep. Just sleeping.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, London, Danish, English, no sheep. Just sleeping.