sleepingsheep
  HOME  |   ARCHIVES  |   ABOUT  |   GUESTMAP

Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I was quite excited about the prospect of The Last Enemy. Those lucky enough to get preview tapes had been positive, the trailer looked snazzy, and I am, openly and honest-to-God, rather taken with Benedict Cumberbatch – officially of course because he is an outstanding actor, in actual fact because I have a thing for skinny boys with deep, posh voices.

To write that I am disappointed is probably an overstatement – ultimately I didn’t care enough to be so. But it sure wasn’t great. Cumberbatch was lovely, he does awkward so well – but the story – oh, the story. Now, I had been warned that it was all a bit outlandish, and I have no problem with that. What was so annoying about it was:

a) If it looks like Spooks, and it walks like Spooks –is it Spooks?
b) If Cumberbatch’s character can find someone on the all-seeing surveillance system, why can’t anyone else?
c) If you have OCD and don’t want to touch people who are ill, is it then okay to touch people, who have touched people, who are ill?

So, reviews were mixed – some were less than impressed, others called it mesmerising and moreish. I’m not sure why.

And I’m not sure I can be bothered tuning in again next week, not even for Benedict Cumberbatch.



HOME - ARCHIVES - ABOUT



Reading
Listening to
Watching

 

Powered by Bravenet
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com


«expat express»

Lives in United Kingdom/London, speaks Danish and English. My interests are no sheep. Just sleeping.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, London, Danish, English, no sheep. Just sleeping.